The dehumidifier produces a lot of water, depending on the relative humidity of the room where the machine operates. If you do not use a hose to drain water to the sink, empty the water storage tray regularly. The machine will automatically turn off when the tray is full to prevent water from spilling. On Property Heating Solutions, you can get the best dehumidifier.
The following are some of the ways that you can do to clean the dam to care for your dehumidifier:
– Read the machine’s manual book. Read the instructions in the machine manual so that you know the specific maintenance instructions. Keep the machine manual in a place that is easy to find.
– Turn off and remove the dehumidifier. Turn off and unplug the machine before cleaning or maintenance. This will prevent the possibility of electric shock.
– Clean the reservoir of water collection. Replace water reservoirs. Wash with warm water and mild dishwashing liquid. Rinse well and dry thoroughly using a clean cloth. Clean the dehumidifier part regularly, aiming at least every 2 weeks. Add a deodorizing tablet if there is a smell left in the reservoir. These tablets are sold in hardware stores and can dissolve in water when the reservoir is filled.
– Check engine coils every season. Dust in the coil can hamper the effectiveness of a dehumidifier so that it works harder and less efficiently. Dust also has the potential to freeze the dehumidifier so that it damages the engine. Clean the coil every few months to be free of dirt that can circulate inside the engine. Use a cloth to wipe the dust. Also, check the formation of ice on the coil. If you find ice, make sure the dehumidifier doesn’t sit on the floor, because the temperature is the coldest. Put the machine on a shelf or chair instead.
– Check the air filter every 6 months. Remove the air filter and check engine damage every six months. Check for holes, rips or other perforations that can reduce engine effectiveness. Depending on the type of air filter used, you can remove, clean and then replace the air filter in the dehumidifier. Other types of filters must be replaced.